Hello, Gentle Reader,
One of my resolutions for the New Year is to blog more.
We'll start off light, with one of my favorite Support stories -- and this actually happened to me when I was working as an Assistant Mgr of IT Ops back in the early 1990's. Don't be too impressed -- there were only three of us in the department. But the company itself was impressive -- a major concert house in NYC. I ran into several famous people in the elevator. Cool job!
One of our most common tasks was to replace broken keyboards. Easy, and a nice excuse for getting up an walking around a bit. So, one day, I get the usual call -- "My keyboard stopped working." Into the closet I go to get a spare keyboard, up the staircase, unplug the old, plug in the new. Done! I ask the user, "anything happen out of the ordinary?". "Nope -- it just stopped working. I don't understand it." So, I grab the old keyboard by one end, start walking, and just about a full cup's worth of old coffee pours out the other end. Really tough moment -- had to keep my dignity when my entire being just wanted to bust out laughing!
Wishing you all a Healthy & Happy New Year!
And do check out the only post I didn't delete from past blogging below. This has come in really handy!
Sincerely,
-- David.
No comments:
Post a Comment